OLPH Pedaling Padres

Please contribute to my benefit ride for the Our Lady of Perpetual Help Cancer Home here in Atlanta! Every dollar counts!



Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Called to Love

Starting tonight and running for the next 5 Tuesdays, Christ the King's Young Adult Ministry, the CTK 20/30 Somethings, will be hosting a book review and discussion on the themes of Carl Anderson and Jose Granados' Called to Love, Approaching John Paul II's Theology of the Body.


While admittedly not as technical a work as its source text is, this is no watered-down theology book.

Anderson and Granados take us deep into the mystery of Bl. John Paul II's theological anthropology.  What is it to be a human person?  Why am I here?  Does my body have anything to tell me about my purpose?  What's the point of sexuality anyway?  What is "the good life" and how do we live it?

These are some of the questions that are answered in this truly inspirational volume, which takes the most salient points of the Theology of the Body, illuminating and explaining them in light of the Catholic faith.

I first encountered this book mere days after it was first published.  Jose Granados was one of my professors at the time at the John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and the Family.  Thankfully, the book is more user friendly than his lecture style (nothin but love for you, Fr. Jose!).

Anyway, if you're in the Buckhead area, and are in your 20s or 30s, please come by our parish hall on Tuesdays at 7:00PM.  If you can't make it, I STRONGLY urge you to get the book and read it.  It's definitely on my must read list.

No comments:

Post a Comment