OLPH Pedaling Padres

Please contribute to my benefit ride for the Our Lady of Perpetual Help Cancer Home here in Atlanta! Every dollar counts!



Sunday, April 19, 2015

Let's Get It Started!

Greetings friends!

After 3 months of basic training, with around 200 miles under my belt, it's finally time to start soliciting your support for the ride.  I shared the idea of offering any donations received in support of a century bike ride with Sr. Damien of the Hawthorne Dominicans who staff Our Lady of Perpetual Help Cancer Home, and she was enthused and grateful in advance for anything contributed by this little endeavor.

After a family meeting, it was decided that logistically we can't do Tahoe, so my dad and I are going to ride in the Fletcher Flyer Century in the beautiful hills around Asheville, NC.  Same date, Sunday June 7.

Here's the backstory to the whole ordeal.  Do give it a read if you've got the chance!
Image result for olph cancer home atlanta
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Cancer Home in the shadow of Turner Field, Atlanta.

If you would like to support the Cancer Home with my dad and me, here's how you do it!  You've got 3 options.  Read through the options then click the link to the Google Form at the end!

1)  Straight-up donation

Very straight forward...send in a one-time, tax deductible donation to the Our Lady of Perpetual Help Cancer Home.

Make a check out to OLPH Cancer Home and mail it to me* at:

Fr. Michael Silloway
Catholic Center at GA Tech
172 4th St. NW
Atlanta, GA  30313

You can register your donation on the Google Form.

2) Donation per training mile

This is best option, in my humble opinion: make a pledge to give a donation based on how many training miles I pound out from today, April 19, to the ride on June 7.  I estimate 300-400 more miles of training, but it may be more.  You can pledge anything, $0.10/mile, $0.25 per mile, $1.00/mile, whatever you'd like.  You will be kept up-to-date with the training progress through this blog and an email reminder the final week before the century.  This will challenge and motivate me to push hard and train with intentionality.  Each mile is more money for the patients and Sisters at OLPH, and is tax-deductible.

You can register your pledge amount on the Google Form.

3) Sponsor me and my dad

There are a few significant expenses associated with doing a century that would normally be covered by the organization one rides with (or discounted because of participation with a major organization).

Sponsorships include:

a) Registration for the Fletcher Flyer Century Ride for Fr. Michael Silloway $45.00
b) Registration for the Fletcher Flyer Century Ride for Lyndon Silloway $45.00
          These expenses generously provided by KENT & JEN POLZIN!!  THANK YOU!!!
c) Lodging in Brevard, NC, 2 rooms for 2 nights $200

Please send a check made out to me and mail it to:

Fr. Michael Silloway
Catholic Center at GA Tech
172 4th St. NW
Atlanta, GA  30313

Sponsorships are not tax-deductible.  This would be a gift from you to me.

You can register your donation on the Google Form.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for your participation in this endeavor!  Whether or not you can give financially, please offer a prayer for the cancer patients in the care of the Dominican Sisters at OLPH, for the Sisters themselves, and for my dad and me!

Here's the link one more time to access the OLPH Century Donations Google Form!

*Donations to OLPH are mailed to me so that I can account for all of them.  Each week, I will make a visit to the Sisters to leave the donations.  There will be a running tally here on the blog of fundraising progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment